Seaweed in Health and Disease Prevention
SEAWEED SUPERMARKET MD’s Pick
- 카테고리 (Category) : 과학 (Food Science)
- 언어 (Language) : 영어 (English)
Seaweed in Health and Disease Prevention presents the potential usage of seaweed, macroalgae, and their extracts for enhancing health and disease. The book explores the possibilities in a comprehensive way, including outlining how seaweed can be used as a source of macronutrients and micronutrients, as well as nutraceuticals. The commercial value of seaweed for human consumption is increasing year-over-year, and some countries harvest several million tons annually. This text lays out the properties and effects of seaweeds and their use in the food industry, offering a holistic view of the ability of seaweed to impact or effect angiogenesis, tumors, diabetes and glucose control, oxidative stress, fungal infections, inflammation and infection, the gut, and the liver.
– Combines foundational information and nutritional context, offering a holistic approach to the relationship between sea vegetables, diet, nutrition, and health
– Provides comprehensive coverage of health benefits, including sea vegetables as sources of nutraceuticals and their specific applications in disease prevention, such as angiogenesis, diabetes, fungal infections, and others
– Includes Dictionary of Terms, Key Facts, and Summary points in each chapter to enhance comprehension
– Includes information on toxic varieties and safe consumption guidelines to supplement basic coverage of health benefits
Seaweed in Health and Disease Prevention by Joel Fleurence, Ira Levine
- Author : Joel Fleurence, Ira Levin
- Hardcover : 476 pages
- Language : English
- Publisher : Academic Press (27 April 2016)
상품을 구매한 로그인 고객만 상품평을 남길 수 있습니다.