Maangchi’s Big Book of Korean Cooking: From Everyday Meals to Celebration Cuisine
SEAWEED SUPERMARKET MD’s Pick
- 카테고리 (Category) : 요리 (Cooking)
- 언어 (Language) : 영어 (English)
- The New York Times Best Cookbooks of Fall 2019
- Eater Best Fall Cookbooks 2019
- Bon Appetit’s “Fall Cookbooks We’ve Been Waiting All Summer For”
- Amazon’s Pick for Best Fall Cookbooks 2019
- Forbes Finds 15 New Cookbooks for Fall 2019
Despite the huge popularity of Korean restaurants, there has been no comprehensive book on Korean cooking—until now.
Maangchi’s Big Book of Korean Cooking is a wide, deep journey to the heart of a food-obsessed culture.
The book contains the favorite dishes Maangchi has perfected over the years, from Korean barbecue and fried chicken to bulgogi and bibimbap. It explores topics not covered in other Korean cookbooks, from the vegan fare of Buddhist mountain temples to the inventive snacks of street vendors to the healthful, beautiful lunch boxes Korean mothers make for their kids. Maangchi has updated and improved the traditional dishes, without losing their authentic spirit.
Among the features:
• Spectacular party food, from homemade clear rice liquor to sweet, spicy, sour baby back ribs
• Side plates that support and complement every Korean meal
• Soups, hotpots, and stews, from bone broth to tofu stews
• An array of different kimchis
• A detailed photographic chapter on Korean cooking techniques
Hundreds of striking, full-color photos by Maangchi show Korean ingredients so the cook knows exactly what to buy, step-by-step techniques for each recipe, and tempting close-ups of every dish.
Ocean Greens: Explore the World of Edible Seaweed and Sea Vegetables: A Way of Eating for Your Health and the Planet’s by Lisette Krescher, Marcel Schuttelaar, North Sea Farm
- Author : Lisette Krescher, Marchel Schuttelaar, North Sea Farm
- Hardcover : 192 pages
- Product Dimensions : 8.5 x 1.2 x 10.5 inches
- Language : English
- Publisher : The Experiment (18 October 2016)